Sunday, November 23, 2008

semi-sweet bliss

It has been absolutely frigid in my apartment lately. Not to mention incredibly lonely without Abe's presence. I have been biking over to good old Jim and Patty's for their fabulous 12oz Girl Power (a special matcha green tea soy latte) for a feel-good imbibe. But, they tragically close at 4pm. Being a night-shifter, this just does not work for me on frequent occasions. Other days I just don't feel like getting geared up to go out of the house. I have found a delightful remedy for such days, one that allows me to stay at home in my cozy booties and warm up from the inside out! Here is my new favorite hot chocolate recipe:

Vanilla, Cardimom, and Cinnamon Infused Hot Chocola
te


40 oz of milk of your choice ( I use rice milk)
1-2 cinnamon sticks depending on how much you like cinnamon
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 whole cardimom seeds
1 cup chocolate chips of choice (I use vegan semi-sweet)

Heat milk, cinnamon sticks, vanilla, and cardimom seeds in saucepan over medium heat. When mixture begins to boil, reduce heat and stir in chocolate chips. Stir continuously until the chocolate is all melted. Discard the cardimom seeds and cinnamon stick, froth mixture and pour into mugs. Enjoy chocolatiers!

No comments: