Thursday, November 13, 2008

It's official

I have been vegan for a month. Successfully. In celebration, here is my new favorite salad. One that balances the fall fruits and spices of the season ever so deliciously. I finally found a good use for persimmons! Cheers!



Autumnal Arugula Salad...
complete with Fuyu persimmon, caramelized Red Bartlet pears, pomegranate seeds, and cinnamon and chilli roasted hazelnuts. All tossed in a lemon-honey dijon dressing. Goat cheese crumbles would be a perfect addition to this salad for all you dairy loving dames or dudes.

P.S.- Suzanne's Just Like Honey Rice Nectar rocks my world. I used it in the salad dressing (among many other things).

2 comments:

Tim D. Roth said...

Congratulations! And yum!

Ali and Evan said...

Delicious. Me wants that nows. Congrats on reaching your goal! XO